Asian Garlic Grilled Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
Asian Garlic Grilled Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry RecipePrint
1 (14-ounce) package
water-packed extra-firm tofu drained
freshly grated ginger
red pepper flakes
baby bok choy, halved
carrots, peeled, sliced
snow peas, trimmed
scallions, sliced into 2” pieces
canola oil divided
1 1/2 tsp.
garlic, sliced thinly
Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry
- Remove tofu from the packaging. Place about 4 paper towels on a plate. Set tofu on top of the plate and cover with more paper towels. Place a cast-iron pan or something else that is heavy on top. Let sit 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oils, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cut the tofu in half lengthwise. Place it in a bowl with the marinade and toss to coat. Let sit 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high, around 400°F to 500°F. Heat a grill basket, like the Napoleon Grilling Wok, over high heat.
- Add the onions, peppers, carrots, snow peas, and bok choy to a bowl and toss with canola oil. Place the vegetables in the preheated basket; stir-fry 5-7 minutes, stirring periodically to evenly cook throughout.
- While the vegetables cook in the basket, place a small saucepan on the grill. Add 1 tbsp. of canola oil and garlic and ginger, cooking until slightly browned. Add the Shaoxing or sherry, hoisin and sesame oil. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk cornstarch with vegetable broth and add to the saucepan stirring constantly; cook until thickened -about 1 minute, and remove from heat.
- Once the sauce is cooked, begin cooking the marinated Tofu. Make sure your cooking grids are very hot. Remove the Tofu from the marinade and place it on grill, cooking for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until grill marks appear, basting the alternate side, use a basting brush, using remaining marinade liquid.
- Remove the Tofu and vegetables from the grill. Cut the grilled tofu into bitesize squares. Mix the vegetables, tofu, and sauce in a bowl. Top with sesame seeds and chopped green onions before serving.