Grilled Beef Kebab and Steak Sandwich with Three Cheese Fondue, Pickles and Toasted Sourdough
Steak, kebabs, melty cheese and pickles. It’s basically the sandwich of dreams and doesn’t need much of an explanation. Obviously the protein or choice of cheese is up to you but a good blue in there is recommended.
Grilled Beef Kebab and Steak Sandwich with Three Cheese Fondue, Pickles and Toasted SourdoughPrint
1x 250g sirloin steaks
300g aged (high fat) beef mince
Salt and black pepper
2 sprigs thyme
1 loaf sourdough bread
Three Cheese Fondue:
100g baron bigod
150g ogleshield cheese
100ml white wine
100ml manzanilla sherry
1 red pepper sliced
1 red onion finely sliced
200ml White wine vinegar
30g Light Brown sugar
Additional Equipment Needed:
Cast iron pot for fondue 500ml-1l
- Cube the steaks and thread onto kebab skewers
- Mold the beef mince onto the skewers by hand.
- Add the vinegar and sugar to a pot on the grill and bring to the boil. Soften the peppers on the grill and add these and the onion to the liquor to cook. Once soft reserve and cool.
- Season and cook skewers on a high heat grill until nicely coloured and cooked to medium-rare for the sirloin and medium well for the skewers.
- In a pan on the grill heat the wine and sherry with the thyme. Grate or cube the cheese and toss with the cornflour.
- When boiling add the cheese and mix until smooth. Season if you need and keep warm.
- Slice and grill the bread.
- Chop the steak and kebab and layer them, add the meat to the bread then slice and dip generously in the fondue.
Indulge in Neil’s ultimate meaty and cheesy toasted steak sandwich.
Share your best BBQ Sandwich recipes and photos on our social pages like Facebook and Instagram, using the hashtags #NapoleonGrillsUK and #Napoleon&Neil