Smoked Duck and Summer Vegetable Cassoulet
Duck is and always will be one of the best things to slow cook with wood smoke. The fats take on smoke like no other meat, and to then add this to a delicious stock and dredge a chunk of crusty bread though the lot is a comfort food match from the gods.
Smoked Duck and Summer Vegetable CassouletPrint
1 nice whole British duck
40g Raz el hanout spice
Summer Vegetable Cassoulet:
2 Purple sprouting broccoli stalks
1 White onion
1 tin navarrico butter beans
Few sprigs Thyme
Few springs Rosemary
Additional Equipment Needed:
Cast iron pot for cassoulet
- Duck is rubbed in spice and salt then it is first smoked at a low temp 120oC -140oC for 30-45 mins then cooked in the oven for an hour at a similar temp.
- Grill the green vegetables and onion on a hot grill surface.
- In a pan on the grill reduce the wine by 3/4s. Add the Beans with the thyme and rosemary.
- Remove the duck and add the juices to the beans. Chop the duck and the veg and cook both in the beans for a little longer.
- Salt to taste, tear up the baguette and serve on the side or place on top of the cassoulet to dunk.
Enjoy Neil’s hearty and warming Smoked Duck and Summer Vegetable Cassoulet for special barbecue occasions!
Share your best Duck BBQ recipes and photos on our social pages like Facebook and Instagram, using the hashtags #NapoleonGrillsUK and #Napoleon&Neil