Recipe For Charcoal Smoked Red Wine Marinated Tri-tip with Chimichurri
Recipe For Charcoal Smoked Red Wine Marinated Tri-tip with ChimichurriPrint
1 x 2-3 lb.
For the Marinade
fresh Italian parsley
garlic, peeled and smashed
shallots, finely chopped
red wine vinegar
lemon juiced (about 2 tbsp.)
red chili pepper flakes
½ - 3/4 cup
extra virgin olive oil
- Trim excess fat off tri-tip.
- In a large pan add the marinade ingredients and the trimmed tri-tip. Marinate for at least 1 hour, flipping periodically.
- For the Chimichurri, combine all of the chimichurri ingredients except for olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice, into a mortar and pestle. Process until ingredients have broken down but still have texture. Add remaining ingredients and combine.
- Add the Charcoal tray to the grill, add charcoal and preheat the Grill to 250°F. Remove meat from the marinade, then pat dry.
- Place pre-soaked Cherry Woods chips or chunks directly to the charcoal.
- Place the tri-tip onto the grill over direct heat. Cook for about one hour, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 127°F. Use a Bluetooth BBQ Thermometer for accurate measurements.
- Remove the tri-tip from the grill and rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice the meat against to grain and serve topped with chimichurri.