Rotisserie Roasted Porchetta Recipe
Rotisserie Roasted Porchetta RecipePrint
½ (approx 5lb.)
pork belly, skin on
pork loin, same length as belly
whole black peppercorns
toasted fennel seeds
finely chopped rosemary
finely chopped sage
finely dried oregano
garlic, peeled & minced
- Pour 2 cups of Kosher Salt onto a baking sheet and flatten. Lay the pork belly, skin side down, into the salt. Refrigerate overnight -doing this will help the skin crisp as it cooks.
- Remove pork from salt and wipe off any excess. Slice the pork belly skin at ⅜” intervals, through the skin but not through the fat. Set aside.
- In a mortar and pestle, or spice grinder, combine Peppercorns, Oregano, Fennel Seeds and process. Rub spices on the meat side of the pork belly, add chopped herbs, Garlic and lemon zest. Place the loin on the belly in the same direction, and roll together.
- Truss the roll at 1” intervals.
- Skewer the porchetta with the rotisserie spit rod, ensuring that the prongs hold it in place. Place the rotisserie on to the grill and turn on the motor.
- Light the rear Infrared burner to high, between 300°F and 350°F. Allow the porchetta to cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours until the internal temperature is 150°F and the skin is crispy.
- Rest for at least 15 minutes. Remove from the rotisserie, slice and serve.