Rotisserie Roasted Lamb Gyros Recipe Over Charcoal
Rotisserie Roasted Lamb Gyros Recipe Over CharcoalPrint
lamb shoulders, boneless
- Slice the lamb into thin flat slices.
- Using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, grind together the dry ingredients.
- Season the meat with the ground spices and marinate for 60 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the grill's cooking grids and sear plates. Insert the Cast Iron Charcoal tray.
- Load and preheat the charcoal, allowing it to get white and ash over. When you're ready to cook, add some soaked wood chips to the smoker section of the charcoal tray or directly to the lit charcoal.
- While the charcoal is heating, load slices of lamb onto the rotisserie spit.
- Load the spit onto the grill and allow the lamb to cook until internal temperature reaches 130°F.
- Slice off desired serving portion, while leaving the gyro to continue turning. This can be done repeatedly, to keep the meat ready to serve. Alternatively, cook to an internal temperature of 145°F and remove from grill, allow to rest 15-20 minutes and remove spit.
- Assemble Gyros to liking using prepared garnishes.