Sichuan and Sesame Spiced Shellfish Platter with Green Beans and Grilled Cabbage
Nothing beats a shellfish platter, and with the additions of the smoky char of a hot grill and Sichuan spices, this dish is an unbeatable BBQ treat. Feel free to use any shellfish you want just remember that heat is key in this recipe as are good thick grill bars.
Recipe by Neil Rankin
Sichuan and Sesame Spiced Shellfish Platter with Green Beans and Grilled CabbagePrint
4 scallops in shells
4 large prawns
4 cloves garlic
100g whole ginger
5 spring onions
12 hispy cabbage or 1 small white cabbage
300g green beans
1 jar laoganma crispy chilli oil
1 jar sesame seeds black & white
laoganma crispy chilli oil
200g brown crabmeat
Large Cast Iron Pan
- Grill the scallops, Oysters and prawn in shells and cabbage on an open grill. (Reserve to one side)
- Then add the cast iron pan and cook the mussels and green beans with the ginger, garlic and chilli oil.
- Make a sauce with the chilli oil, crabmeat and mayonnaise.
- Chop the cabbage and add it and everything else back into the pan.
- Add sesame seeds and chopped spring onions to finish.
- Serve with mayonnaise on the side to dip.
A fresh and tasty Sichuan and Sesame Spiced Shellfish Platter with Green Beans and Grilled Cabbage by Neil Rankin, a perfect summer seafood dish for sharing! Share your best Shellfish and Seafood BBQ recipes and photos on our social pages like Facebook and Instagram, using the hashtags #NapoleonGrillsUK and #Napoleon&Neil