Recipe for Cedar Planked Trout With Maple Mustard Glaze
Recipe for Cedar Planked Trout With Maple Mustard GlazePrint
2 x ¾ lb.
grainy Dijon mustard
orange, sliced in half
- Soak two Napoleon Cedar Infusion Planks in water for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat or 425°F and place trout on the planks.
- In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Brush half of the mixture over the trout.
- Place planks on the grill, pour wine into the infusion channels, close the grill's lid and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Baste the fish with remaining glaze using a basting brush, like Napoleon's PRO Silicone Basting Brush, and refill infusion channels with wine as necessary. Close the grill, allowing the fish to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, until it's opaque and flaky. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Grill orange halves over high heat until charred, and squeeze juice over trout when serving.