Wolf Steel LTD., hereafter “Napoleon”, processes privacy sensitive or personal information. We respect the privacy of our visitors and users. We ensure the personal information you provide is treated confidentially. Personal data will be carefully processed and secured. Our processing of personal data conforms to the requirements posed by EU privacy legislation. This privacy and cookie statement applies to the use Napoleon makes of the data and its websites.
Our privacy and cookie statement in short
When processing personal data, we comply with EU privacy legislation. This means, amongst other things, that we:
- clearly state for what purpose we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy and cookie statement;
- limit the personal data we collect is to those personal data needed for the specified purposes;
- explicitly ask you for permission to process your personal data, in those cases in which permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and demand the same from parties processing personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right, on your request, to give access to, modify or remove your personal data.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes; to:
- receive information through our contact form;
- find a dealer in your vicinity;
- register your product;
- enable you to make a wish list and send that to a dealer near you;
- chat with you through our website (currently US and Canada only);
- contact you at your request through the contact form. This includes warranty claims, technical and general questions, media and marketing requests;
- evaluate and improve our website;
- send you digital information and advertisements, if you indicate you wish to receive such materials, for example by liking our Facebook page or following us on twitter and/or Instagram;
- make it possible to follow us or share the contents of this website through social media (see social media buttons);
- request your cooperation as one of our suppliers
- process your job application, in case you send us one.
- enter into a dealer agreement with you, should both of us so desire, and offer you access to a future dealer portal;
- to send you spare parts
- to send you prizes (in case of a raffle)
We will not use your personal data for any other purpose than those listed above, unless you give permission beforehand, or if we are required to do so by law.
Types of personal data
We process the following personal data for the abovementioned purposes:
- e-mail address;
- telephone number;
- IP address
- further information you share with Napoleon
- in case of warranty claims for which you need spare parts, your address for example
- if you follow/like us through social media, the name of your profile, information you choose to share through those social media
We will not keep your data longer than the purposes listed above and the actions following from the same necessitate. The personal data will be erased once the listed purposes have been fulfilled, unless there is a supererogatory legal requirement. Taking into account the product lifecycle, length of our warranty periods and the mandatory 7 years we are required to keep records of goods (mainly spare parts, accessories, grills, marketing materials) delivered under warranty, we fixed the general duration of personal data retention on 7 years. If you did not receive any goods, you may request erasure or anonymisation of your data. To do so, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Sharing of personal data
Napoleon may share your data with 3rd parties, when it follows from the purposes listed above and there is a legal ground to do so. Napoleon may share data with those responsible for processing your data and/or request, within the company, with a legitimate interest (administrative purposes, among which finance, legal, quality monitoring). In case of a warranty claim, we will share your personal data with your dealer, to deliver the best possible customer service. If you do not wish us to do so, please state so in writing, for example through the contact form, and we will only share the product type and serial number with your dealer.
3rd party websites
This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to websites belonging to 3rd parties, which are, through the medium of hyperlinks, connected to this website. We cannot guarantee these 3rd parties treat your personal data in a secure and reliable manner. We advise therefore, to consult the privacy statements of these websites, before using/visiting them.
Cookies - Usage and Purpose
Cookies are small text files that websites place on your device as you are browsing. They are processed and stored by your web browser. In and of themselves, cookies are harmless and serve crucial functions for websites. Cookies can also generally be easily viewed and deleted. Napoleon.com uses the following cookies:
Necessary cookies: (via local storage)
Necessary cookies help make a website more usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Napoleon uses the web browser’s “local storage” to save visitor settings that help provide a friendly experience. For example: region and language settings are stored in local storage. Local storage is also used to save items in the wish list.
Also known as “performance” cookies, statistics cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. The data is all aggregated and therefore, anonymous. Statistics cookies sole purpose is to improve website functions. The following is a summary of the 3rd party statistics cookies used on Napoleon.com:
- Google (analytics) - generates statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
- HotJar - generates statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
- Vimeo - collects usage data from videos (hosted by Vimeo) that are on the website
Marketing cookies are used to help Napoleon and our partners serve marketing ads that are more relevant to your interests. The following is a summary of the 3rd party marketing cookies used on Napoleon.com:
- SharpSpring - to assess visitor behaviour and to determine how the visitor accessed the website
- Google DoubleClick (YouTube) – determines visitor actions after viewing a video or ad with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of the video/ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
- YouTube - determines geographical location for video playback, usage history, video player preferences,
- Facebook - Collects information on visitor behaviour. This information helps to optimize the relevance of targeted advertisements.
- HotJar - Determines if the user's navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.
- Salesforce - Live agent chat integration (Canada and USA regions only)
You can choose to opt-out of using cookies by disabling them on the Choices page (link in the footer).
These 3rd parties, under necessary legal obligation, may provide data to 3rd parties, or if those 3rd parties process data on their behalf. The data obtained in the fashion described, including your computer’s anonymised IP address, is stored by the parties mentioned and may be stored in the United States.
Napoleon has not allowed Google to use the analytics data received to be used for other Google services. All data gathered by Google from our websites is anonymised. Please read Google’s privacy statement here: https://policies.google.com/privacy
You’re in charge of your information. You can choose to opt-out of using cookies by disabling them on the Choices page (link in the footer). You can also change your mind at any time.
Rights of access and rectification
With regard to your personal data, you have got, amongst others, the following rights:
- the right to be informed: which personal information we collect, what we do with it;
- the right to access: which of your personal data do we have;
- the right to rectification: correct any errors in your personal data we have in our possession;
- the right to erasure: we remove your personal data and forget you. The main reservation to this is the mandatory 7 year term which the Belastingdienst (Dutch inland revenue) imposes on us for parts shipments;
- the right to retract permissions given;
- the right to object to certain kinds of (automated) processing and decision making
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please clearly demonstrate your identity, so we may accurately identify you and not delete someone else’s data. If your request concerns personal data connected to a cookie, we ask that you supply us with a copy of the cookie in question. This cookie you may find in your internet browser’s settings.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you have a complaint about the way in which we treat your personal data, we will of course gladly help you. Alternatively you have the right to lodge a privacy complaint with your supervisory authority. Hereto please contact your local privacy authority.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
Over time, changes may occur. The changes will be listed here, on this website. We advise you to regularly check this statement for updates, so you will be fully informed.
For further questions with regard to our privacy and cookie statement, please contact us:
24 Napoleon Road
Barrie, Ontario L4M 0G8
De Riemsdijk 22
4004 LC, Tiel
+31 345 588 655 …or… 0031 (0)345 588 655
CoC nr : 51509970