Your personal data is processed to allow:
- us to receive information through our contact form;
- you to find a dealer in your vicinity;
- you to register your product;
- you to make a wish list and send that to a dealer near you;
- us to chat with you through our website;
- us to contact you at your request through the contact form for warranty claims, technical and general questions, media and marketing requests;
- us to evaluate and improve our website;
- us to send you digital information and advertisements, if you indicate you wish to receive such materials, for example by liking our Facebook page or following us on twitter and/or Instagram;
- you to follow us or share the contents of this website through social media (see social media buttons);
- us to request your cooperation as one of our suppliers
- us process your job application, in case you send us one.
- us to enter into a dealer agreement with you, should both of us so desire, and offer you access to a future dealer portal;
We will not use your personal data for any other purpose than those listed above, unless you give permission beforehand, or if we are required to do so by law.
Types of personal data
We process the following personal data for the above mentioned purposes:
- e-mail address;
- telephone number;
- IP address
- approximate age (range);
- further information you expressly agree to share with Napoleon; and
- the name of any social media profile which you use to follow or like us, and information you choose to share through that social media.
Your personal data will be erased once it is no longer required to fulfill the above purposes, unless there is a supererogatory legal requirement. Since some of the above purposes are of indeterminate duration, we fixed the general duration of personal data retention at 7 years.
Sharing of personal data
Napoleon may share your personal data with 3rd parties, when it follows from the purposes listed above and there is a legal ground to do so. Napoleon may share person data with those responsible for processing your data within the company.
3rd party websites
This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to websites belonging to 3rd parties, which are, through the medium of hyperlinks, connected to this website. We cannot guarantee these 3rd parties treat your personal data in a secure and reliable manner. We advise you to consult the privacy statements of these websites, before using/visiting them.
Cookies - Usage and Purpose
Cookies are small text files that websites place on your device as you are browsing. They are processed and stored by your web browser. In and of themselves, cookies are harmless and serve crucial functions for websites. Cookies can also generally be easily viewed and deleted. Napoleon.com uses the following cookies:
Necessary cookies: (via local storage)
Necessary cookies help make a website more usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Napoleon uses the web browser’s “local storage” to save visitor settings that help provide a friendly experience. For example: region and language settings are stored in local storage.
Also known as “performance” cookies, statistics cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. The data is all aggregated and therefore, anonymous. Statistics cookies sole purpose is to improve website functions. The following is a summary of the 3rd party statistics cookies used on Napoleon.com:
- Google (analytics) - generates statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- HotJar - generates statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- Vimeo - collects usage data from videos (hosted by Vimeo) that are on the website.
- Shopify - generates statistical data on purchases and shopping within website (N. America only).
Marketing cookies are used to help Napoleon and our partners serve marketing ads that are more relevant to your interests. The following is a summary of the 3rd party marketing cookies used on Napoleon.com:
- SharpSpring - to assess visitor behaviour and to determine how the visitor accessed the website
- Google DoubleClick (YouTube) – determines visitor actions after viewing a video or ad with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of the video/ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
- YouTube - determines geographical location for video playback, usage history, video player preferences,
- Facebook - Collects information on visitor behaviour. This information helps to optimize the relevance of targeted advertisements.
- HotJar - Determines if the user's navigation should be registered in a certain statistical place holder.
- Tidio - Live agent chat integration (Austria region only)
- Shopify - Used to process online orders which are fulfilled by local Napoleon dealers (N. America only).
You can choose to opt-out of using cookies by disabling them on the Choices page (link in the footer).
These 3rd parties, under necessary legal obligation, may provide data to 3rd parties, or if those 3rd parties process data on their behalf. The data obtained in the fashion described, including your computer’s anonymised IP address, is stored by the parties mentioned and may be stored in the United States.
Napoleon has not allowed Google to use the analytics data received to be used for other Google services. All data gathered by Google from our websites is anonymised. Please read Google’s privacy statement here: https://policies.google.com/privacy
You’re in charge of your information. You can choose to opt-out of using cookies by disabling them on the Choices page (link in the footer). You can also change your mind at any time.
Rights, Questions And Complaints
With regard to personal data applicable to you which we have stored, you have, amongst others, the following rights:
- the right to be informed of the nature of the personal data and the manner in which we use it;
- the right to access it;
- the right to correct any errors therein;
- the right to cause us to erase it, subject to any legal obligations we have;
- the right to retract permissions given; and
- the right to object to certain kinds of (automated) processing and decision making.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights or have questions or complaints about this policy, please contact us at the coordinates indicated at the end of this policy. If your wish is to exercise a right, please clearly demonstrate your identity. If your request concerns personal data connected to a cookie, we ask that you supply us with a copy of the cookie in question. This cookie can be found in your internet browser’s settings.
We may change this policy from time to time. We advise you to regularly check this page for updates, so you will be fully informed.
For all matters regarding personal data and/or this policy, please contact us:
The Americas, Africa and Australasia :
24 Napoleon Road
Barrie, Ontario L4M 0G8
De Riemsdijk 22
4004 LC, Tiel
+31 345 588 655 …or… 0031 (0)345 588 655
CoC nr : 51509970