Wolf Steel LTD., hereafter “Napoleon”, processes privacy sensitive or personal information. We respect the privacy of our visitors and users. We ensure the personal information you provide is treated confidentially. Personal data will be carefully processed and secured. Our processing of personal data conforms to the requirements posed by EU privacy legislation. This privacy and cookie statement applies to the use Napoleon makes of the data and its websites.
Our privacy and cookie statement in short
When processing personal data, we comply with EU privacy legislation. This means, amongst other things, that we:
- clearly state for what purpose we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy and cookie statement;
- limit the personal data we collect is to those personal data needed for the specified purposes;
- explicitly ask you for permission to process your personal data, in those cases in which permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and demand the same from parties processing personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right, on your request, to give access to, modify or remove your personal data.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes; to:
- receive information through our contact form;
- find a dealer in your vicinity;
- register your product;
- enable you to make a wish list and send that to a dealer near you;
- chat with you through our website (currently US and Canada only);
- contact you at your request through the contact form. This includes warranty claims, technical and general questions, media and marketing requests;
- evaluate and improve our website;
- send you digital information and advertisements, if you indicate you wish to receive such materials, for example by liking our Facebook page or following us on twitter and/or Instagram;
- make it possible to follow us or share the contents of this website through social media (see social media buttons);
- request your cooperation as one of our suppliers
- process your job application, in case you send us one.
- enter into a dealer agreement with you, should both of us so desire, and offer you access to a future dealer portal;
We will not use your personal data for any other purpose than those listed above, unless you give permission beforehand, or if we are required to do so by law.
Types of personal data
We process the following personal data for the abovementioned purposes:
- e-mail address;
- telephone number;
- further information you share with Napoleon
- in case of warranty claims for which you need spare parts, your address for example
- if you follow/like us through social media, the name of your profile, information you choose to share through those social media
We will not keep your data longer than the purposes listed above and the actions following from the same necessitate. The personal data will be erased once the listed purposes have been fulfilled, unless there is a supererogatory legal requirement. Taking into account the product lifecycle, length of our warranty periods and the mandatory 7 years we are required to keep records of goods (mainly spare parts, accessories, grills, marketing materials) delivered under warranty, we fixed the general duration of personal data retention on 7 years. If you did not receive any goods, you may request erasure or anonymisation of your data. To do so, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Sharing of personal data
Napoleon may share your data with 3rd parties, when it follows from the purposes listed above and there is a legal ground to do so. Napoleon may share data with those responsible for processing your data and/or request, within the company, with a legitimate interest (administrative purposes, among which finance, legal, quality monitoring). In case of a warranty claim, we will share your personal data with your dealer, to deliver the best possible customer service. If you do not wish us to do so, please state so in writing, for example through the contact form, and we will only share the product type and serial number with your dealer.
3rd party websites
This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to websites belonging to 3rd parties, which are, through the medium of hyperlinks, connected to this website. We cannot guarantee these 3rd parties treat your personal data in a secure and reliable manner. We advise therefore, to consult the privacy statements of these websites, before using/visiting them.
Napoleon uses so-called ‘session cookies’ in order to provide a user-friendly experience. They store your settings and log-in data (if any). They enable you to generate a wish list and remain logged in. You can disable these cookies in your web browser.
Our websites use analytical cookies by Google, New Relic and Sharpspring. They may, under necessary legal obligation, provide data to 3rd parties, or if those 3rd parties process data on their behalf. The data obtained in the fashion described, including your computer’s anonymised IP-address, is stored by the parties mentioned and may be stored in the United States. Napoleon has not allowed Google to use the analytics data received to be used for other Google services. All data gathered by Google from our website is anonymised. Please read Google’s privacy statement here: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Salesforce Live Agent (chat integration for Canada and USA)
Rights of access and rectification
With regard to your personal data, you have got, amongst others, the following rights:
- the right to be informed: which personal information we collect, what we do with it;
- the right to access: which of your personal data do we have;
- the right to rectification: correct any errors in your personal data we have in our possession;
- the right to erasure: we remove your personal data and forget you. The main reservation to this is the mandatory 7 year term which the Belastingdienst (Dutch inland revenue) imposes on us for parts shipments;
- the right to retract permissions given;
- the right to object to certain kinds of (automated) processing and decision making
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please clearly demonstrate your identity, so we may accurately identify you and not delete someone else’s data. If your request concerns personal data connected to a cookie, we ask that you supply us with a copy of the cookie in question. This cookie you may find in your internet browser’s settings.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you have a complaint about the way in which we treat your personal data, we will of course gladly help you. Alternatively you have the right to lodge a privacy complaint with your supervisory authority. Hereto please contact your local privacy authority.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
Over time, changes may occur. The changes will be listed here, on this website. We advise you to regularly check this statement for updates, so you will be fully informed.
For further questions with regard to our privacy and cookie statement, please contact us:
24 Napoleon Road
Barrie, Ontario L4M 0G8
4191 NZ, Geldermalsen
+31 345 588 655 …or… 0031 (0)345 588 655
CoC nr : 51509970