ONION BOMBS with cheese-nacho crunch
The internationally renowned star DJ Robin Schulz is a huge Napoleon Premium BBQs fan. Besides music, grilling is Robin’s great passion. In 2021 he published his own grilling cookbook under the brand ROBIN SCHULZ BARBECUE and launched the ROBIN SCHULZ BARBECUE line of grill sauces.
So it was only natural that we decided to team up with Robin Schulz Barbecue to create the Freestyle 425 limited edition for you. Have a good time grilling and enjoy the recipes!
ONION BOMBS with cheese-nacho crunchPrint
- 2 red onions
- 150 g brown mushrooms
- 4 bunches of parsley
- 200 g of minced beef
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- Sea salt
- Chilli powder
- 60 g Emmental cheese
- 12 slices of breakfast
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 150 ml beef broth
- 100 ml Robin Schulz BBQ sauce
- 200 g cheese nachos
- 1 cast iron grilling pan, cutting board
- Prepare grill for medium direct heat (lid closed, 160°-180°). Pre-heat pan for 10-12 min in the grill.
- Peel and halve the onions and remove two thirds of the inside of each half. Cut the sections into small cubes and lay aside. Clean the mushrooms with a brush and cut into thin slices. Rinse the parsley, shake dry and chop it roughly with the stems.
- Season the beef mince with teriyaki sauce, salt and chilli. Cut the cheese into small cubes and mix into the minced meat. Form the mixture into four equal balls. Place each ball into a half-onion and cover with the other half; press together firmly. Wrap each onion bomb in 3 slices of bacon.
- Melt butter in pan. Grill the onion bombs in pan on all sides for 1-2 min and remove. Add chopped onions and mushrooms to pan and brown for 2-3 minutes. Douse with broth and mix in the BBQ sauce.
- Lower the temperature to 140°-160°, place the onion bombs in the sauce and grill for 12-15 min until the onions and meat are done. Repeatedly soak them with the sauce using a brush.
- When the grilling time is almost over (2-3 min), roughly crumble the cheese nachos and sprinkle over the onion bombs together with the parsley.