Bourbon Smoked Chicken Wings Recipe
Bourbon Smoked Chicken Wings RecipePrint
light brown sugar
dried mustard powder
dried ground thyme
chicken wings, patted dry; whole
hickory wood chips
Bourbon BBQ Sauce:
onion, finely minced
garlic, finely minced
ground black pepper
liquid smoke flavoring
packed brown sugar
hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Mix dry rub ingredients together thoroughly.
- Season the wings with the dry rub ensuring every wing is well coated.
- Soak 2 cups of Hickory Wood Chips in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Fill the Napoleon Smoker Box with the soaked chips. Place Smoker Box into the grill replacing the sear plate. Place a drip tray over remaining burners.
- Heat the grill to 250°F using the burner under the smoker box. Keep the remaining burners off.
- In a medium saucepan, add onion, garlic, and bourbon. Simmer for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer for at least 5 min.
- Place the wings on the grill using indirect heat. Allow wings to Smoke for 2 – 2.5 hours, turning periodically, and refilling wood chips as necessary. Do not open the grill too often as smoke will be lost.
- Once the wings are cooked remove the drip tray. Heat the grill to medium-high and place the wings on the grill. Use direct heat and grill the wings for 1-2 minutes per side, basting the other side with BBQ sauce. Do this 3 – 4 times to build a thick caramelized coat of sauce.