Soy Maple Smoked Salmon Filets
Soy Maple Smoked Salmon FiletsPrint
fresh ginger root, minced
salmon, skin on
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Place salmon, skin side up onto a large baking tray or dish, add the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fill the Napoleon Smoker Pipe with 50% soaked applewood chips, and 50% dry applewood chips. Place directly on grill burners. Preheat over to 350°F with the lid closed. Use burners under the smoker pipe.
- Once the grill is hot, pre-grease grates with spray or oil-dampened rag.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place skin side up directly on the grill. Allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes until grill marks form and salmon releases from grill. If the fish is sticking, allow it to cook longer.
- Salmon is ready when the texture bounces back when pressed, and the fish is flaky.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.