How To Upgrade Your Backlit Control Knobs On Prestige PRO™ Series Gas Grills
It is hard enough keeping up with the latest and greatest when it comes to digital technology, but now Napoleon’s newest grilling experience innovation means that grills get upgrades too. We at Napoleon Grills are always striving to improve your grilling experience; but what is a person to do if they just got a new grill and we come out with an improvement as insanely awesome as our NIGHT LIGHT™ control knobs with SafetyGlow feature? Easily install and upgrade your backlit control knobs for our Prestige PRO™ Series grills. This article will show you how.
What is SafetyGlow?
SafetyGlow is a feature on our PRO™ Series gas grills that changes the light on the knob from blue to red when the gas is on. You’ll never accidentally leave the grill on again. It’s also handy for indicating where your heat zones are for great Direct and Indirect Grilling.
Can You Upgrade?
If you are itching to upgrade to our SafetyGlow knobs, check the serial number on the back of your grill. If your Prestige PRO™ Series grill falls within any of the correct corresponding serial numbers*, you’re well on your way to having an even more awesome grill than you already do.
PRO500RSIB-1 STARTING AT 500-150514 AND UP
PRO500RSIB-2 STARTING AT 500-191236 AND UP
PRO665RSIB-1 STARTING AT 665-009329 AND UP
PRO665RSIB-2 STARTING AT 665-010297 AND UP
PRO825RSBI-1 STARTING AT 825-003760 AND UP
PRO825RSBI-1 STARTING AT 825-003928 AND UP
After you confirm that your grill has the right serial number, call your local dealer and purchase the upgrade kit. They have to be ordered, so you will need to be patient. There are loads of great things you can do while waiting for your new knobs to arrive, though. You can plan all of the great meals you will make by browsing our collection of great BBQ recipes, get up to date with the latest in grilling news by checking out the Napoleon Facebook page.
Once the kit arrives you can have your local dealer install them. If you assembled your grill yourself, you will have no trouble installing the new knobs on your own. The process should take less than five minutes per knob. All you need is a Philips head screwdriver.
1. Gently pull the old knobs off of the control panel – they slide off just like your oven knobs do.
2. Use a Philips screwdriver to remove the two screws that hold the bezel (white plastic LED module found under the knob) in place. The screws are small, I suggest placing a drop sheet underneath you to catch them if they fall. Have a small dish to put them in while you work.
3. Gently pull the bezel off of the grill’s control panel. Carefully unplug the wiring from the back of the bezel. Plug the wire you just removed into the new bezel’s port and replace the new bezel where the old one was. Line up the holes and reinsert the two screws.
4. Gently push the new knob into place. You need to use the ones provided in the new kit because they have a magnet, which will act as the switch for changing the light’s color.
5. Test the knob by turning on the NIGHT LIGHT™ on your grill and turning the new knob, igniting the grill. Turn the grill and NIGHT LIGHT™ off and repeat with the rest of the knobs.
Need a little more help? This video on how to replace your NIGHT LIGHT™ control knobs will show you how fast and easy it really is!
The best part is that these are warranty-approved parts for the grill. You will not be voiding the warranty of your Prestige PRO™ Series grill by upgrading your knobs.
You already have a Prestige PRO™ Series grill by Napoleon, but you can take that incredible grill and make it even more of a life changing experience. They’re ideal for indirect, getting the perfect sear, and never accidentally leaving your grill on again thanks to our NIGHT LIGHT™ Control Knobs with SafetyGlow technology.