Grilled hispy cabbage with charred pineapple salsa
A zesty delight for vegans and veg lovers, this grilled hispi cabbage with charred pineapple salsa gives a sweet bbq crunch that will keep you coming back for more.
Grilled hispy cabbage with charred pineapple salsaPrint
- 1 Hispy cabbage (also called sweetheart cabbage), into quarter lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to season
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced lengthways
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 fresh red chili, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs coriander, finely chopped
- 1 drizzle honey
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lime, grated and juiced
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Brush the pineapple slices with a touch of olive oil, season with salt and dust slightly with the paprika. Grill over high heat for 3 minutes on each side. Dice 1 of the slices for the salsa and place in a bowl.
- Soak the cabbage quarters in water briefly, dry slightly, brush with olive oil, season and place on the grill over medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes on each of the 3 sides. The residual water will help steam it gently while it grills.
- In the bowl with the chopped pineapple add the red chili, coriander, honey, lime zest and juice, shallot and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Mix it together.
- Plate the grilled pineapple, the hispy cabbage and spoon over the top the salsa. Sprinkle a few extra coriander leaves and enjoy!