Chala-style Pork with Piri-Piri sauce and Grilled Greens
Chala is beautiful plaited bread and when cooked this pork reminded us of that delicious loaf. Piri Piri isn’t just for chicken, and a grilled and smoked pork loin is the perfect vehicle for this spicy sauce. This recipe is vibrant, tasty, and above all, easy to rustle up.
Chala-style Pork with Piri-Piri sauce and Grilled GreensPrint
- 2 x 500gms of Pork Tenderloin fillet
- 4tbls BBQ seasoning (of your choice)
- 30gms butter
- 60mls BBQ Sauce
- 20mls Lemon Juice
Peri-Peri Style Sauce
- 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded
- 2 red onions, peeled and halved
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 bird's eye chili
- 2 large red chilies,
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 20ml Sherry Vinegar
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 1tsp Smoked Paprika
- Sea Salt to taste
Side Veg to grill
- 2 packs of tender-stem broccoli
- 2 packs of Asparagus
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Lemon, cut in half
- 30mls Olive Oil
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Chopped Chives for garnish
Additional Equipment Needed:
- Small blender
- Start by slicing the pork tenderloin into three long strips, leaving the strips attached at the top.
- Dust the pork in BBQ seasoning, then tightly plait the three strips together. Secure the end using a wooden bamboo skewer
- Place in a low-medium heat BBQ, cook indirectly for around 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 64C. Add all the pork glaze ingredients to a pan and warm up directly over the heat. In the last few minutes of cooking, brush generously with the pork glaze. Allow the glaze to set and remove from the grill to rest for 15 minutes. You can add extra glaze to the pork just before cutting and serving.
- While the pork is resting, it’s time to make the Piri Piri sauce and grilled vegetables. Roast the peppers and large red chilies over the flames until lightly charred and softened.
- Add the roasted Piri Piri vegetables, alongside all the other ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Toss the green veg and red peppers in olive oil and salt and grill directly until lightly charred, around 5-7 minutes, turning frequently.
- To serve, we prefer a large sharing board. Present the Chala-Style pork in the middle, and slice one up. Arrange the greens around the pork, interspersed with charred lemon halves and red peppers. In a bowl with a spoon, add the Piri Piri sauce, with a few dollops on some of the cut pork slices.
Share your best BBQ Pork recipes and photos on our social pages like Facebook and Instagram, using the hashtags #NapoleonGrillsUK and #NapoleonSamandShauna