Grilled Duck Recipe
Enjoy this Grilled Duck recipe on the rotisserie from contest winner Jayne Cameron.
Grilled Duck RecipePrint
whole Duck (6 lbs)
Oranges, cut into quarters
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Ginger Garlic Stir-Fry Seasoning, to taste
- Preheat the grill to 350°F (175°C) using the rear burner.
- Prepare the duck by removing excess fat and scoring the skin in the breast area. Stuff the duck with the cut oranges.
- Season the duck with salt and pepper to taste, as well as the Club House Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Seasoning, making sure to press the seasonings into the skin well.
- Slide one set of forks onto the rotisserie spit rod and then carefully feed the seasoned duck onto the rod. Slide the next set of forks onto the rod and secure the duck in the middle of the rod by tightening the thumb screws on the forks. Make sure the load is balanced.
- Place the duck on the spit rod into the grill and turn on the rotisserie motor. Place a drip pan with 1 cup of water under the duck. Grill for 1 hour and check the internal temperature and the drip pan. Add more water to the pan as needed.
- When the duck reaches an internal temperature of 100°F (38°C), begin basting with a mixture of orange juice and Grand Marnier. The duck is done at an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C).