Barbecued Lamb Shanks Recipe
Barbecued Lamb Shanks RecipePrint
Vegetable or chicken stock
Serve with pomegranates, plain yogurt, and fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, about 400°F, prepare to use the direct grilling method.
- Add the olive oil, dried apricots, raisins, diced onion, carrots, celery, and smashed garlic to a roasting pan.
- Place the roasting pan directly on the grill and close the lid, allowing the ingredients to sauté.
- Preheat the Infrared Side Burner to High. Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper, then sear them on all sides.
- Set the lamb shanks aside to cool until they are cool enough to touch.
- Once cooled, coat the lamb shanks generously with harissa paste.
- Reduce the barbecue's heat to around 300°F to 350°F.
- Add the lamb to the roasting pan and pour in 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock. Cover with foil. Allow to cook for 2 to 2.5 hours or until the meat pulls away from the bone.
- Remove the lamb from the grill. Strain braising liquid (liquid in the roasting pan) and reduce it in a saucepan until slightly thickened.
- Serve the lamb shanks with the thickened jus, pomegranates, yogurt, and fresh mint.