Butternut squash kebab with spicy flat breads Recipe
A delicious light and fresh butternut squash kebab with a very quick and easy spicy flatbread, a vegetarian dish that packs a punch with flavour which everyone can enjoy.
Butternut squash kebab with spicy flat breads RecipePrint
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 8 x 5 inches skewers
- 2 tbsp jerk chicken spice mix
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt to season
- 1 baby gem lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander, leaves picked
- 1 green chili, thinly sliced
FOR THE FLATBREADS
- 120ml water
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tbsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- A pinch of salt
FOR THE SOUR CREAM
- 1 lemon, zest and juiced
- 400ml double cream
- Salt to season
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and boil the butternut squash for about 10 minutes until al dente and still firm. Drain and refresh with some cold water to cool down slightly. Let it dry and season with some salt, jerk seasoning powder and olive oil. Insert as many pieces as you can into each of the skewers. Grill over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
- In a large bowl with the flour and hot paprika, make a well in the middle and pour the olive oil and water in it. Mix with a fork until it is no longer comfortable to do it. Start kneading with your hand for a minute and as soon as all the dough is together in 1 ball continue over a worktop. Stretch and fold for about 2 minutes and roll into 4 balls. Let it rest for 5 minutes while preparing the rest of ingredients. Dust the worktop with some flour and flatten them with the help of a rolling pin. Place straight into the medium hot grill and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- In a bowl, pour the double cream with a pinch of salt and the lemon zest and whisk for 30 seconds. Squeeze the lemon juice over it and whisk vigorously for a further 30 seconds until it thickens up.
- Serve it by placing the bread on a plate, filling it with the salad ingredients, the skewers of butternut squash and topping it with sour cream and some extra leaves of coriander. Enjoy!